How To Setup Router Using Netgear Genie Smart Setup Interface?
- April 11, 2020
- Technology and Gadgets
- No Comments
The steps to set up the router using the web interface are simple and easy to understand. We will walk you through the steps to perform the setup using Netgear Genie smart setup.
- Connect the modem to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the computer to the router through any of the ports available.
- Press the power button to power on the router.
- Go to a web browser and enter routerlogin.net where you need to enter the default username and password which is ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’. Both these fields are case-sensitive.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Setup wizard’.
- Click ‘Yes’ from the radio button and press ‘Next’.
- Enter the new admin password.
- Answer the security questions and press ‘Next’. The congratulation page will be displayed.
- Tap ‘Print’ and go to ‘Firmware update’. If a new update is available, then download it and get it to install.
- Your router is configured now.
- When the update gets completed, the router will reboot and you again need to log in.
- Enter ‘admin’ in the username field and the new password you created previously.
- The home page now opens where the message ‘Router is setup’ displays.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, if you are still facing any problem, then feel free to contact the experts available 24/7. You can call us on our toll free number.