Tax Representation and Enrolled Agents

Share This Post

With the flood of ads for tax help, knowing who to trust or what's involved can be as difficult as the tax debt itself. Tax attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs) are often the first thought of.

Both of these are viable and have their strengths, but there is a third option for tax resolution. The enrolled agent is also licensed to represent others before the IRS, and in many cases can be the ideal choice.

A tax attorney sometimes called a tax debt lawyer, is skilled in legal matters that deal with taxes. If you're going through the courts to handle a tax matter, this is your primary option. There are many companies that provide the best tax agents in mt waverley.

Image Source: Google

Tax lawyers are the top draw for handling large estates, arbitration, legal investigations, and other such matters. Some forms of appeals or criminal investigations can only be handled by tax debt attorneys.

Many tax matters can be handled outside of court, though. While a tax attorney's legal advice is always helpful, they rarely prepare tax returns or specialize in financial documents. These skills are often needed to fully resolve the issue.

Since tax attorneys typically bill by the hour and for all internal administrative expenses, tax resolution cases that run into IRS delays can become expensive.

Certified public accountants are masters of financial records and tax returns. CPAs are often used in finance or as advisers in financial planning. They are skilled in dealing with audits, and in many ways are a great alternative to a tax attorney for matters outside the court.

Tags : |

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>